Like Us Please

Get This Pop-up Window

https://www.facebook.com/KnwPlc

Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

iPad: The Frequent Traveler’s Companion

Apr 5 2012   9:09AM GMT
Posted by: EdFrmBrighthand
Apple
For the past week or so I’ve been on a cruise down the Rhine River through Switzerland, France, Germany and (soon) Holland. I’ve noticed a trend: the Apple iPad is the most carried computer on the ship, by a wide margin.
I haven’t down an exhaustive survey of my fellow travelers (I’m on vacation after all) but just by keeping my eyes open in the ship’s lounge I’ve seen about a dozen different people with Apple’s tablet. I’ve seen just three Windows laptops used by passengers in the same period. Our tour guide carries a Samsung Galaxy Tab.
I asked around, and people told me they brought their tablets for some of the same reasons I brought my third-generation iPad on this trip: staying in touch with my friends and family through Facebook and email. Games are also a popular option.
A Entertainment Device
Our riverboat provides complimentary Wi-Fi, but with a strict limit on how much data can be exchanged. It’s enough to do some light web surfing, but not for something that requires a lot of bandwidth like NetFlix. That’s why I’m glad I loaded up some movies and TV shows before I left home. I also have quite a few ebooks with me, which saves a lot of space in my luggage.
A few people are using their iPads as cameras while we’re visiting the various cities on the Rhine. I generally think that’s too cumbersome, but I had someone point out to me it’s a good option for those whose vision isn’t great — the large view screen makes it easy for them to see what they are taking a picture of. Several people have the Camera Connection Kit, so they can offload their pictures onto their tablets, and then see them on nice big screen.
In addition, my iPad is being used to keep an eye on what’s happening at Brighthand, and write this blog post.
.

View the original article here

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More